February 8, 2012

The Best of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Musical Sketches

As I've mentioned before, Jimmy Fallon took his Late Night show to Indianapolis last week for the Super Bowl.  He did shows Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and then a special live show after the Super Bowl on Sunday night.  Since he taped so late Sunday night in Indianapolis, it was expected that Jimmy would not have time to put together a new show the following night in his usual studio in New York.  Therefore, we were treated with a "Best Of" special featuring Late Night's best musical sketches!  While I had seen all of these before, it was still great to watch them again and enjoy some of my personal favorite moments from the show.


His musical sketches often fascinate me, because most of them involve him either impersonating or singing with a classic rock icon who really isn't really popular with today's young crowd.  Does the average college student know Neil Young or Jim Morrison?  Maybe they do and I'm just not giving them enough credit.  Regardless, I personally love classic rock music, so when I see Jimmy singing with rock icons like Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, and Paul Simon, I am in pure awe.  And when I see Jimmy doing spot-on impressions of Neil Young, Bob Dylan, David Bowie, and Jim Morrison, I truly get how talented he really is.

I really enjoyed watching the special, and for those of you who missed it, here are (in my opinion) the best musical sketches of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (limited to the clips that are currently posted online).

Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young singing Fresh Prince of Bel Aire theme

Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young singing "Party in the USA" with David Crosby and Graham Nash

Jimmy Fallon as Neil Young singing "Whip My Hair" with Bruce Springsteen

Jimmy Fallon as Bob Dylan singing the Charles in Charge theme

Jimmy Fallon as Jim Morrison with The Doors singing the theme to Reading Rainbow

Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon singing "Friday" with The Roots

Jimmy Fallon as Justin Beiber singing "(It's Not My) Baby"

Sadly, Jimmy singing "Scrambled Eggs" with Paul McCartney, "Cecilia" with Paul Simon and Stomp, and his now classic "Tebowie" performance are no longer posted online.  If you're lucky, maybe it'll turn up in a rerun!  And it looks like Jimmy Falllon will be releasing a new CD later this year, so here's hoping these songs are on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment