October 9, 2008

TV Clip of the Day: Roxbury Guys

Hello everyone,

I know it's been a while since my last post. I apologize for no Clip of the Day for yesterday, October 8, as I was busy traveling and observing the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur. While attending services for Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, I was thinking of what clip would be appropriate for the Clip of the Day, in keeping with the theme of atonement and forgiveness. I thought of the perfect clip, the clip from the season 3 episode of The Office entitled "The Return" when Dwight begs for Michaels forgiveness after going behind his back and calling Jan to get his job. Unfortunately, I could not find the clip anywhere online, and therefore I cannot share it with you all today.

Saddened by my lack of clip finding, I started flipping through the channels on TV, to see if I could find some inspiration for a new clip. And sure enough, on TBS was the classic Will Ferrell/Chris Kattan movie, "A Night at the Roxbury". While everyone is talking about Tina Fey's appearnace on SNL these past few weeks portryaing Sarah Palin, I thought it would be a good time to remember a classic SNL sketch from the 1990's, the one that inspired the feature film. So, here it is (while it's still October 9), today's clip of the day, the Roxbury Guys sketch from SNL featuring Will Ferrell, Chris Kattan, and that week's guest host, Jim Carrey.

See more funny videos at Funny or Die

No comments:

Post a Comment