March 1, 2012

Remembering Davy Jones - Updated


Yesterday, in response to the news of the death of actor/singer Davy Jones, we posted a retrospective look at some of Davy's most memorable TV appearances.  Well I recently discovered another Davy Jones appearance that I was completely unaware of - his appearance on Hey Arnold!.

For those of you who don't know, Hey Arnold! was a nicktoon (Nickelodeon cartoon) that aired from 1996-2004.  It was one of my favorite TV shows as a child, and I thought I knew it pretty well, but I must have forgotten about this episode.  In this season 5 episode entitled "Fishing Trip", Arnold and his friends go on a fishing trip in the woods.  The episode ends with the boys discovering a Davy Jones concert, and Davy performing a unique rendition of the classic schoolyard song "Miss Susie Had a Tugboat".  Davy Jones provided the voice for his character.  Check out the entire (11 minute) episode here:


2 comments:

  1. I just watched the BMW episode with "Reg, Reginald Fairfield" in honor of Davy Jones and then checked your blog because I figured you probably posted something. Now I'm going to check out that Hey Arnold clip ~ mm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume you saw the original post where I posted the BMW clip... http://weliketv.blogspot.com/2012/02/remembering-davy-jones.html

    ReplyDelete