December 26, 2012

Jimmy Fallon and Billy Crystal bring back Who's on First

As a kid, I used to love watching old comedies with my dad.  And my favorite old comedy duo was without a doubt Abbot and Costello.  I still remember watching some of their great films like Buck Privates, Who Done It?, and Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein.  But my favorite Abbot and Costello bit was of course the classic "Who's On First" routine.  I used to own it on cassette tape and listen to it over and over, laughing each time even though I know what was coming.  In case you're one of the few people out there who've been deprived of watching this iconic piece of comedy history, here it is for your viewing pleasure:


Therefore, I was delighted to find out that Jimmy Fallon did his own take on the classic routine on Late Night last week, where we actually get to meet the players Who, What, and I Don't Know!  Check out the clip below, featuring some very special guests!



And as if that wasn't enough  for one episode of Late Night, later in the show Jimmy reprised his David Bowie impression (sans Tebow) to duet with Billy Crystal's famous Sammy Davis Jr. impression for a Christmas classic:

No comments:

Post a Comment