December 14, 2008

TV Actors Doing Voices in Commercials for Random Things

Oh Blog, it's been so long. We've been so busy with finals and papers lately, that we just haven't had time to write in you. Unfortunately, we still have finals to study for and papers to write. I have a paper that's due tomorrow that I really should be writing now. And yet, I find myself thinking about a blog entry that I want to write in you. And so, in an effort to further procrastinate my schoolwork, I shall write in you.

I was watching TV the other day, as I oh so often do, not really paying attention, checking my email while a commercial was playing on TV, and I heard a familiar voice. "Jim???" I thought, instantly recognizing the voice of Jim Halper from The Office. I looked up, and it was a commercial for the new Blackberry, with a voice-over narration by John Krasinski, who plays Jim on The Office. I have noticed that this is becoming a trend, TV actors with recognizable voices not appearing in commercials, but just using their voices to talk about the product in commercials. So, this is brings us to our newest segment, "TV Actors Doing Voices in Commercials for Random Things"! Another example of a commercial that falls into this category is Zach Braff (JD from Scrubs) voicing the dog in the Cottonelle toilet paper commercials. Zach Braff also provides his voice to the new PUR Water commercials, but I can't seem to find that clip online. If I find it, or any other commercials featuring the voice of a TV actor, I'll be sure to post it here!

John Krasinski's voice in Blackberry commercial:


Zach Braff's voice in Cottonelle commercial:

No comments:

Post a Comment