September 27, 2009

TV Star Spotlight: Bill Irwin

All of our favorite shows are back on TV, and there's so many great clips from these new episodes that we could talk about today, but today I'm feeling a little retro.


Yesterday, A and I saw the show Bye Bye Birdie on Broadway. The show starred John Stamos in the lead role of Albert Peterson (originated by TV legend Dick Van Dyke), however the guy who really stole the show was Bill Irwin, as Mr. McAfee (originated by TV vet Paul Lynde). A and I actually saw Bill Irwin on Broadway a few months ago in a play called Waiting for Godot" (opposite Nathan Lane), and he was really amazing in both shows. However, we never really knew who he was. While waiting outside the stage door last night to get the actor's autographs, I overheard people talking about Bill Irwin, and how he appeared in an episode of The Cosby Show as a performer on stage that Cliff took the kids to see. I remembered that episode, but I never realized that it was the same guy. Well, here it is, from The Cosby Show, Bill Irwin:


No comments:

Post a Comment